Welcome Home Wednesday #3

Welcome Back to Our Classy Coop!

How did I choose which room to feature this week?
Welllllll, if I'm being perfectly honest, it's because it was one of the only clean rooms in the house!
As I prepare (ok, more like cram) for Luke's Local Artists, the house is in disarray. This happens every time immediately leading up to an event...
and is a result of my nasty little procrastination habit.
This is the entry to the upstairs bathroom.
The entire upstairs is new construction, as we "went up" to gain more square footage.
The original plan was to simply punch in some stairs and finish the existing attic space.
Hahaha!
Like everything else in this project, we had a surprise awaiting us.
As we got into the demo phase, we learned that the ceiling joists were not sitting atop the side walls, but rather tacked into the sides! Eek!
The house with it's (then) current construction would not hold a finished attic, and we would be lucky if it held a heavy snow.
So, off with the roof, and a new second story.
I was terrified that the new construction would look "new". So we stuck with the natural roof line where possible, and added as many old things as we could.
The door to the bathroom is originally from the house and is amazing. The glass is perfectly imperfect with it's dimples, and seeds!
And guests are happy to know that I finally got around to hanging a fabric curtain in the window :-)
The towel rack is one that I made using an old cabinet door, some paint, and fleur de lis knobs.
There was a tall narrow "dead space" that I desperately wanted to have a laundry shoot in, but the HVAC company stole my prime real estate and dropped a huge duct in the way.
So, in front of the duct, our framers built in a wall shelf for towels, tp, and toiletries.
My inspiration for the shower/tub combo was one that I had seen in a Pottery Barn Kids Catalog. Fiberglass surrounds scream new construction to me, so I knew that wasn't an option. It was either the bead board that I really wanted or subway tile as a backup.
Not able to find what I needed at a reasonable price, I had actually already purchased the tile and was ready to dig in...then, Yay, I found some vinyl bead board and trim pieces at Home Depot. Granted, I had called before and been told they didn't have anything of the sort...but that's a different story. They had it, and I am soooo happy!
The sink in the upstairs bathroom is one of my favorite things in the house.
I started off shopping for a wall mount, trough-style, sink. Kohler made some new reproductions that were close to what I was looking for, but the price tag was out of this world, so I kept searching.
At an amazing salvage shop, I found this beauty!
The base and legs were kelly green when we purchased it, but with my sidekick daughter, we gave her a face lift with a quick coat of a soft pink.

I love the fact that there are three faucets...
No more fighting over sink and/or mirror.
Now all we need is one more child :-)

I found the mirrors at Big Lots for about $10 each. They were an ugly gold color, so I hit them with some light pink spray paint.
The main light in the room is a schoolhouse light.
And the lights over the sink were made by my.
I found these copper shades for $2 each at a local Habitat store, and with a little spray paint, stencils, and a pendant kit from Home Depot, we now have lights numbered 1-3!
The flooring is the same black and white hex dot tile from Home Depot that we used in the Laundry Room.
This is one of the only rooms I actually painted white. I wanted the sink to pop, and the room to feel fresh and feminine.